French family in Nicaragua – english speaking au pair needed 3 months and moreAurelie Lionard
This is a wonderful opportunity for a boy or a girl to learn spanish, travel, climb volcanos and surf, and discover a beautiful emerging country!
– Mother tongue (or near mother tongue) English, basic knowledge of spanish or french is a plus but not required
– must know how to swim (the house has a swimming pool)
– driving licence (to pick up their boy from school and take him to the playground or other activities)
– educational skills, experience with children
– no dependancy with her smartphone, facebook 🙂
Typical week schedule : Monday through Friday :
– 12h: pick up Eliot from school with the family car
– 12h15: make and give lunch
– 13h: prepare Eliot for his nap and put him to sleep (toilet, pajama, read a story and put to bed)
– 15h a 18h: indoors and outdoors activities (to be discussed with family) + bath.
Eliot goes to school every morning. The parents will take him there so the AU PAIR will have all mornings off + week-end.
She can either stay at their house with a private room or their bungalow-hotel which is very close, in a dedicated room with private bathroom.
The au pair will not need to participate much in cleaning the house as they already have a cleaning lady. But she will be required to prepare some meals, and they expect her to be willing to do some extra babysitting on week-ends (extra money) if the parents want to have some time for themselves.
The contract is 30h/week + 1 night babysitting (once a month). Salary is US$55 / week and full board is provided.
Duration : 3 months for a start, might be renewed for as long as the au pair feels comfortable to stay. They are looking for a long term. One year renewable.
Starting date : end of MAY/JUNE
Spanish classes: the family will assist in finding the class. There are a lot of unexpensive local classes.